Free Tools for Your SV/DV Advocate Tool Belt? Yes, Please!
RAFT Team, September 6, 2021
Do you ever wish someone could hand you a box with a beautiful bow that you could unwrap and find all the resilience you need? Yes, please! Put one under the tree every Christmas, and every birthday, too. Or just leave one on my desk every Monday at 8 a.m. How about an advocate tool belt instead, packed with lots of tools for everyday life?
If only resilience was always ready. If only wellness was easy to win.
But these can both feel elusive. Especially when you’re running fast and furious just to get through the day. If you’re an Advocate, you work in a challenging environment. Traumatic stress, intense work, and compassion fatigue can all lead to a higher than normal burnout rate.
What’s the solution? It’s complicated.
But in part, resiliency involves personal growth, self-care, support, and an acknowledgement that resilience ebbs and flows for everyone.
That's why we’ve packed our Advocate Resource Page with lots of tools to help in a lot of different areas:
- There are printable resources like posters and checklists.
- Podcast episodes to support your mental, emotional, and physical well-being. (How about a recent one on tips for asking for help?!)
- We have all the sessions from an online video conference just for SV/DV advocates that we put on with Self-Care for Advocates.
- Blog articles that cover topics like boundaries, self-care, and gratitude.
- There are meditations to listen to and all of our “Live a Brighter Life” sessions.
In other words, it’s like a great big virtual advocate tool box and high-five all in one. Interested? Sign up for free access here.