Improve your operations and the well-being of your staff with our free programs.
Staff of sexual and domestic violence organizations do hard work that puts them at risk of suffering from compassion fatigue, burnout, and vicarious trauma. RAFT recognizes the various challenges that come with working as a sexual and domestic violence advocate. In order for survivors to continue getting the support they need and deserve, the physical, mental, and spiritual well-being of advocates must be addressed. RAFT is committed to providing advocates with the tools to build resilience to challenges in work and life.
RAFT’s main workshop series, “Building Blocks of Resiliency,” is a series of five 2-hour virtual workshops offered to advocates and staff of sexual and domestic violence agencies and coalitions. Our interactive and engaging workshops emphasize story-telling and discussion to teach and connect with our advocate attendees.
Through our workshop series, you and your colleagues will learn critical resilience-building tools, identify your individual and organizational strengths and values, and practice relaxation techniques to improve overall well-being and resilience.
RAFT programs are no-cost for advocates to participate in, and we accept donations from organizations that have funds to contribute in that way. If you are interested in bringing the RAFT curriculum to your organization, send Mariam, RAFT’s Outreach and Engagement Manager an email or fill out the form using this link, and we will connect!
Below is a brief description of our workshops series
Workshop #1: The Importance of Personal Boundaries
- Define types of personal boundaries
- Discover how you currently set boundaries in your life
- Create a plan to set effective personal boundaries
Workshop #2: Discovering Your Values and Saying “No” in a Positive Way
- Identify your core values
- Learn strategy to say “No” by upholding your values
- Learn to use your values to empower your “No”
- Practice saying “No” while maintaining relationships
Workshop #3: Building Resilience to Shame
- Understand shame and guilt
- Identify sources and triggers for shame in our lives
- Learn 3 tools for connection
Workshop #4: Strengths in Decision-Making
- Identify your character strengths
- Understand the effects of a strength-focused thought process
- Use strengths to empower your decision-making
Workshop #5: Thriving Through Gratitude and Empathy
- Comprehensive review of RAFT workshop curriculum
- Create an intentional self-care plan using positive psychology tools
- Holistic well-being