A Peek into my Gratitude process
RAFT Team, November 21, 2010
I have used the MOLESKIN 12-pack calendar this whole year to make it easy for me to record the things that I am grateful for at the end of each day.
These little books are small enough to travel with and IF it gets lost I am only losing about 1 month's worth of items. I TRY to keep my nightstand clean ( Ahem.. I cleaned it up for the photo!) and I see the small book right there and I remember to put something in.
Here is a sample of some of the things I have been grateful for this year:
Jan 2nd 2010
- Rolled down a HILL for first time in 30 years
- Played Wii with Mo John and had tones of fun
April 7th 2010
- Buddha story on PBS left me feeling so peaceful. I meditated before I went to sleep.
July 7th 2010
- Did my first Energy Forum class. I am so happy to share this work.
September 19th 2010
- Lovely day to "fight" away "poor me" thoughts.
- Nice dinner with Anita and wonderful chat with Racha
- Grateful for secure home, alarm system, Wolf, Andrea Lee, new client.
So as you can see, I don't have to write long epistles of gratitude. And guess what... just rereading those few random entries brought a smile to my face and heart.
Here are some other ideas for starting a Gratitude practice or refining one already in place:
- Hope that you find some joy and spaciousness with your gratitude practice: Moleskine 2011 12 Month Color A Month Daily Planner
- Online: Search for “Gratitude Journal app”, several are available under itunes/appstore for iPhone, iTouch, and iPad. They are also available for Android based smartphones, search for “Gratitude Journal for Android”.
Love and Light,